I recently interviewed Aaron Knoll, project adviser at the New Media lab about his perspectives on creative processes. I plan to perform similar interviews involving other individuals in the future. The interviews are part of my NML project, LocateFlow, which explores the nature of creativity. You can click the link below to listen to Aaron’s thoughts.
This 1-minute audio file contains excerpts from a half-hour interview I conducted with Aaron which addressed the following questions:
- What is creativity?
- What do you do that you think is creative?
- What is it about the creative things you do that makes them creative?
- Do you think that some people are more creative than others?
- If so, describe what characteristics a person possesses or what behaviors they perform that shows that they are more creative.
- If not, explain what about human nature gives us all the same level of creativity.
- Do you experience creative blocks?
- What do you do to get past them?
- If you could interview one person about their creative process who would it be?
These are the types of questions I’ll be asking and encouraging people to ask one another in future interviews. If you are interested in taking part in or conducting similar interviews, please feel free to contact me.