History and Public Health Student Award
The New Media Lab offers $500 awards to support digital projects by Graduate Center students in the History or Public Health Ph.D. programs, or to support digital projects that relate to history or public health by students in other Graduate Center Ph.D. programs. The award will require no additional NML work time and the funds may be used in any way the recipient deems appropriate to support his or her research. This award is provided with the support of an anonymous contribution.
- Applicants must be Graduate Center doctoral students enrolled in either the History or Public Health programs or be students in other Graduate Center Ph.D. programs whose digital projects relate directly to either of these disciplines.
- Applicants must have worked at the New Media Lab on the project for at least three months prior to seeking this award support. To apply for a position at the NML see “Get Involved.”
- Students can receive the award one time only.
- Submit the application form below.
- There will be a rolling deadline, with applications accepted from September through May.
- Decisions will be made within four weeks of submission by Andrea Ades Vásquez and NML co-director Steve Brier.
- A brief project update/report must be submitted to Ms. Vásquez within six months of receiving the award.