Create your digital project related to your dissertation or academic research at the New Media Lab. Apply for a position by submitting the student application. Learn more about stipends and awards that are available to NML
Work with New Media Lab staff, the GC Digital Fellows, and student researchers on your new media project or research. Consider writing the facility into your research grant proposals. To begin, complete the faculty application.
We hold general meetings that are open to the Graduate Center community in addition to other less formal discussions that focus on individual projects.
NML General Meetings
Contact Marco Battistella to be added to the meeting announcement email list, where full details of upcoming meetings will be shared. The 2022/23 meeting schedule is:
- Tuesday. November 15th @ 12:30pm – The meeting will feature a presentation on “Creating Web Archives With Omeka” and a discussion on “Needs of New Media Lab Students and How the Lab Can Best Support You”.
- Tuesday, December 14th @ 12:30pm – Friederike Windell presenting “Heimat Discourses on Twitter: Whiteness, Nationalism and Affect”
- Wednesday, February 15th @ 12:30pm – Kyueun Kim presenting “VR for Theatre Research and Archiving”
- Tuesday, March 28 @ 12:30pm – Wendy Barrales “Women of Color Archive (WOCArchive)” and Ash Marinaccio presenting: ‘Excerpts from “Rehearsing the Revolution…”‘
- Tuesday, April 18 @ 12:30pm – Raquel Neris presenting “English Learners in New York City Podcast” followed by Pennee Bender presenting “Who Built America? – Building an Open Education Resource”
- Wednesday, May 10 @ 12:30pm – Silvia Rivera Alfano presenting “Mapping the Voices in ‘Ni Una Menos’ by Rebeca Lane”.
- Thursday, June 8 @ 12:30pm – Joseph A. Torres-González presenting “Certificate in Latino Studies at Lehman College: a trilingual online education project”