NML Social Justice Award
The New Media Lab offers $500 awards to Graduate Center students from any discipline whose digital projects relate to our understanding and/or realization of the ideals of social justice. Social justice, broadly defined, is based on the principles of equality and solidarity, understands and values human rights, and recognizes the dignity and worth of every human being. The award will require no additional NML work time and the funds may be used in any way the recipient deems appropriate to support her or his research. This award is provided with the support of an anonymous contribution.
- Applicants must be Graduate Center students in good standing.
- Applicants must be active at the New Media Lab during the semester of application and have worked on the project at the lab for at least three months prior to seeking this award support. To apply for a position at the NML see “Get Involved.”
- Each NML project can receive only one of the History and Public Health Student, NML Social Justice, and Dewey Digital Teaching awards.
- Update your NML project webpage with project developments, reflecting eligibility for this award.
- Submit the application form below.
- Decisions will be made within four weeks of submission.