NML Social Justice Award
The New Media Lab offers $500 awards to Graduate Center students from any discipline whose digital projects relate to our understanding and/or realization of the ideals of social justice. Social justice, broadly defined, is based on the principles of equality and solidarity, understands and values human rights, and recognizes the dignity and worth of every human being. The award will require no additional NML work time and the funds may be used in any way the recipient deems appropriate to support her or his research. This award is provided with the support of an anonymous contribution.
- Applicants must be Graduate Center students in good standing from any discipline.
- Applicants must have worked at the New Media Lab on the project for at least three months prior to seeking this award. To apply for a position at the NML see “Get Involved.”
- Students can receive one of the NML awards per semester.
- Submit the application form below.
- There will be a rolling deadline, with applications accepted from September through May.
- Decisions will be made within four weeks of submission by Andrea Ades Vásquez and NML co-director Steve Brier.
- A brief project update/report must be submitted to Ms. Vásquez within six months of receiving the award.